Perloff, Marjorie. Poetics in a New Key: Interviews and Essays. University of Chicago Press, 2014.
Part I: The Critic
1. Becoming a Critic: An Academic Memoir
2. A Critic of the Other Tradition: Interview with Hélène Aji and Antoine Cazé
3. Marjorie Perloff On & Off the Page of Poetry: Interview with Kristine Samson and Nikolaj Rønhede
Part II: A Poetics
4. The Alter(ed) Ground of Poetry and Pedagogy: Conversation with Charles Bernstein
5. Mapping the New: Interview with Rain Taxi Review of Books
6. Modernism / Postmodernism? Will the Real Avant-garde Please Stand Up! Interview with Jeffrey Side
7. (Un)Framing the other Tradition: On Ashbery and Others Interview with Grzegorz Jankowicz
8. Robert Lowell, Now and Then Conversation with David Wojahn
9. Futurism and Schism: Close Listening with Marjorie Perloff Interview with Charles Bernstein [Free Preview]
10. The Challenge of Language: Interview with Enrique Mallen
11. Conceptual Writing: A Modernist Issue Interview with Peter Nicholls
12. Still Making It New: Marjorie Perloff in Manifesto Mode Interview with Ellef Prestsæter
Part III: To Praxis
13. What is Poetry? Interview with Fulcrum
14. On Evaluation in Poetry Dialogue with Robert von Hallberg
15. Teaching Poetry in Translation: The Case for Bilingualism
16. The Internet Moment in the Life of Publishing Interview with Front Porch Magazine
17. The Intellectual in the 21st Century
Afterword by David Jonathan Y. Bayot
Index of Names
- Cran, Rona. “Poetics in a New Key.[Review]” TLS February 4, 2015.
- Di Leo, Jeffrey R. “How to Be a Critic.” American Book Review 36.1 (Nov./Dec. 2014).
- Luo, Lianggong. “Discover ‘the Other Tradition’: On Marjorie Perloff’s Poetics in a New Key and Others.”Forum for World Literature Studies 6.1 (March, 2014), 140-144. and Xang Jin, who have published
- Wang, Zhuo. “Perloff’s Ladder–Marjorie Perloff and Her Poetic Genealogy Study.” Forum for World Literature Studies 6.1 (March, 2014), 165-170.
- Xang, Jin. “A Critical Survey of Marjorie Perloff’s Poetic Criticism.” Foreign Literature Studies 5 (2014).